Posts tagged omnomnom.
My Tea Drawer (by EA Stewart)
I don’t really do the whole new years resolution thing but I have GOT to get back into cooking my meals and working out properly. This whole new york city working girl thing is really hurting my healthy kick and today I’ve decided it will change. I’m used to the commute by now so no reason I can’t have a solid schedule. So here’s to night one of cooking, hopefully my rice doesn’t boil over…again
- 2 cups Jasmine Rice (or any other long grain rice)
- 1 cup Lite Coconut Milk (such as A Taste of Thai)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Dole Pineapple Tidbits in 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, toasted if desired
- 2-3 tbsp cilantro, chopped
Add rice to pot and rinse with warm water until water is clear. Next add 1 cup water and 1 cup of coconut milk to medium saucepan or rice cooker.
Cook about 20-25 minutes or until rice is cooked through.
Once rice is done, add the 1 cup of pineapple, shredded coconut and cilantro if desired. Toss well and serve while still warm.
Serving Size: 1/2-3/4 cup
Mmm a glowing green smoothie! This looks delicious. I have everything at my house but the pear *darn* I also have kale instead of spinach too.
✿ Glowing Green Smoothie Recipe from Kimberly Snyder’s book:
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 head organic romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3-4 stalks organic celery
- 1/2 head of a large bunch or 3/4 of a small bunch of spinach
- 1 organic apple, cored and chopped
- 1 organic pear, cored and chopped
- 1 organic banana
- Juice of 1/2 fresh organic lemon
Cashew Kale Shake - Most Viewed Posts of 2011
On the left is one covered in strawberry chobani and almonds.
On the right is vanilla yogurt with cinnamon and almonds.
This looks wonderful